Thursday, July 28, 2005

LinkShare Drama Act 2

So this is what I got from LinkShare in response to my inquiry about why they disabled my account. Not very helpful i'm afraid. Lucky for me the FordDirect asked LinkShare to open my account again but warned me that they take invalid leads very seriously. Now as I stated before, I didn't enter any leads myself so if they are finding leads that aren't valid they should simply discard them not have LinkShare cancel my entire account. As a result of this I had newspaper ads that ran yesterday to which people could visit a web site WITH NO ADS! Thanks LinkShare oh yea I also had over $100 in PPC charges for clicks that went to my page WITH NO ADS. The response from FordDirect? We'll be deciding Monday which affiliates we want to keep in our program. I'm still waiting to find out why on 7/22 despite 381 clicks through their banner I was credited with 0 leads. EVERY day has had 7-11% conversions so 0 cannot be the number for that day. They've said I can resume running their ads but it will be cold day in hell before I but ANY advertising dollars to drive traffic their way.

From: invalid@linkshare.com [mailto:invalid@linkshare.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 7:52 AM
To: John Gall
Subject: Re: Fw: Affiliate Notification

Dear John,

Under the terms of your Affiliate Membership Agreement, LinkShare has the right to terminate your participation in the Network in its sole discretion, with or without cause. As a general matter, we have a policy not to disclose the reasons that lead to a decision to terminate an account.

If you want to appeal this decision, you can send an email to us providing detailed information about you, your business, and, specifically, a description of any online channels and/or activities you undertake to promote your Network Merchant partners (including any links to online sites) that would allow us to evaluate how you are generating referral traffic.

Thank you,
LinkShare corporation